Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Current KereMAX P Status

Hey guys, I thought I'd update you on how the KereMAX is coming along.
First off, here's the current overview:
You can poke that to get a bigger picture that's close but not quite full size.
So, there's a lot going on, and I'm not going to explain any of it because none of it is really final. There's a ton of tweaking to the sequencer and keyboard, and obviously I have a hole to fill. But, the worst part is, well, this isn't even how it will be laid out, at least not quite. Let me explain.
Basically, the design calls for the synth to be designed like this:
The red is the main section, the blue is the wings, or the side panels. They are kinda raised and angled inwards. Even this isn't finalised, but I know that I want the three panels. The top most part is where the top most part is on the drawing, that's all I know so far:
This is an older drawing, as you can see by the lack of knobs (actually vca's) in the inputs.
But, aside from drawings and design, I've been doing a ton of research on what each individual component does and how they work. As it turns out, once you get to realise what electronic components do and how electricity can be affected, analogue circuitry is somewhat easy to understand. Thankfully, you can think of everything as the affected waveforms because, well, that is what form the electricity is taking on. It's actually pretty awesome. It makes you feel like a rocket scientist 8^)
I don't want to get into too much with this post, though. I would like to get things more finalised and such. Just know that I am working really hard on the design and electronics, and hopefully soon I can show you the whole plan.
And btw: I claim copyrights on this analogue contraption. (c) Xanu Music, 2012. So there, meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment